First Day Calling
Child Absence Protocol & Procedure
1) Class registers taken and returned to the office by 8:45am.
2) Late children checked against registered by Mrs Harvey/Mrs Crossley up to 9:00am.
3) Mrs Harvey/Mrs Crossley to check attendance.
4) First day phone call to the first name on contact list by 9:00am asking for response by Mrs Harvey/Mrs Crossley.
5) Ring down contact list until reply is received, ensuring where possible that someone from outside of the family home has been contacted.
6) Alert Miss Cater, Learning Mentor that first contact hasn’t been reached.
7) Alert Mrs Tariq (DSL) immediately if child is absent and no contact has been made by 10:00am.
8) If DSL is not available report absent child to SLT.
9) Home Visit made by Learning Mentor, DSL or SLT (this will be pre-agreed with DSL/SLT).
10) If no response at home post First Day Calling notification through letter box with a time limit to contact school (11:00am).
11) DSL/SLT to Contact Police if all the above stages have been completed and there is still no contact regarding the absent child by 11:00am. This should be done using the 101 number.